[mythtv-users] Hd Pvr playback jitter

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:41:37 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Don Brett
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:40 PM
To: MythTv-Users
Subject: [mythtv-users] Hd Pvr playback jitter

I have a new installation of MythDora-12 (thanks again for the blaster
help), with a nasty jitter on playback.  From what I've read, it ought
to be working pretty well, but it's not, as if I've missed something
major.  Actually, I tried playing a mythtv recording with VLC Media
Player and it worked OK; the video seems to be fine.  Here's what I  have:

Video board - MSI - GeForce 8400 GS
Nvidia driver version - 195.13.15
Current Video Playback Profile - VDPAU Normal
Bitrate setting - all default (I played with them, but it didn't make
any difference)

There's a new version of the HdPvr firmware, but from the descriptions,
it didn't sound like it would help, so I haven't installed it yet.  Any
suggestions on what to look for?

PS - Here's a couple of clips I captured, but they don't jitter the same.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dlbrett/1011_20100717180557.mpg
http://users.zoominternet.net/~dlbrett/1011_20100717183742.mpg

Don,

Which deinterlacing method do you use? Also is the video HD or SD? Sorry I
didn't download the videos.
I'm capturing and playing from a diskless ATOM/ION based FE/BE combo to a
NFS share.
Playback is fine, until the ION starts to overheat. This heatwave is doing
bad things to my system, it is fanless as well, and the wife says we don't
need an AC to cool off the house.

MarcT