[mythtv-users] SPDIF surround broken in trunk [SOLVED for real]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 12:36:46 UTC 2010

Hi

On Saturday, July 17, 2010, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 01:34 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
>> What's the resolution of your screen?
>
> Thank you for asking that question, as it has led to the solution. I
> have been doing setup work in non-fullscreen mode, which is why I
> couldn't see the checkboxes. Actually going down to where the main TV is
> located and doing the setup there allowed me to see the checkboxes and
> get surround working again. It does beg the question of how the
> checkboxes got unchecked in the first place when I couldn't see them to
> do that; the old checkboxes had to have been checked or I never would
> have had surround working at all. But the problem appeared to be due to
> a fairly minor change (in the way the setup screen was displayed) and a
> non-standard way of doing things on my part.
>
> Lesson learned: all setup work has to be done in fullscreen mode. Thank
> you very much for your assistance.
>
> I actually don't see any checkbox for AC3; all I see is Dolby Digital
> and DTS. But I checked those and surround is now working via S/PDIF.
>
> --Greg

Great to know you found a solution. There was an issue in myth which
got corrected (or more accurately handle the Alsa weirdness better)

Using the up and down keyboard arrow, you couldn't have used the
checkbox either? Not seeing them is one thing, but I would have
assumed theyr would still be useable.

Jean-Yves