[mythtv-users] Hd Pvr playback jitter

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Jul 18 14:08:46 UTC 2010

MarcT wrote:
> [...]
I haven't paid much attention to the temperature; the box has seven
fans, including one on the video board.  At the moment it's 63 degc (145
degf).  The slowdown threshold (reported by nvidia-setttings) is 125
degc, so I doesn't look like I'm very close to it.

I didn't know I had to pay attention to the de-interlacing settings.
Good catch, that seems to make quite a difference.  It's using VDPAU
rendering, and I assumed the default settings would be close enough, but
maybe not.  I just switched the deinterlacers to "One Field (1x, HW)"
and all the jitter went away.  I doubt this is how we want to leave it,
so I'll do some experimenting with the settings.

Thanks for the tip, I think we're on the right track now.

Don