[mythtv-users] Hd Pvr playback jitter

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Jul 18 17:05:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 11:00 -0400, MarcT wrote:

> This might be a good place to start.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU
>
> According to the supported cards section of the wiki article your 8400GS is
> a G98 chipset and should be able to do up to Temporal 2x.

I know this is what the wiki says, and it's what everybody on the
mailing list told me as well, but my experience is closer to Don's. Even
with a 9400GT card, I never could get anything higher than Bob
deinterlacing to work without stuttering. Now that I have a GT220 card,
it works great with all the deinterlacers. In my humble opinion, what it
says on the wiki is over optimistic, at least in some cases. It may
depend on what the rest of the hardware in the box is, but my dual core
AMD 64-bit CPU and 9400GT video card was not enough, and all the
stuttering problems with the advanced and temporal deinterlacers went
away when I upgraded my video card.

--Greg