[mythtv-users] Disj Network or Direct TV?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Jul 18 20:46:32 UTC 2010

I have stuck with Comcast, despite the terrible customer service for
a long time, as here they have been MythTV friendly. That is they
have continued to provide analog service that I can tune with my
analog tuner cards.

Well, the end of that has come. They have moved ,u 2nd most watched chancel
(History) to "Digital Starter", and apparently I need some sort of converter
box (1 per set!) to receive that chancel. I am certain this is the beginning
of completely dropping analog. So I seem to be forced with the choice of going
to either Dish TV or Direct TV.

So, I am seeking the wisdom of the list. Which of these is more
"Myth TV friendly"? I would like to be able to continue to have the computer
tune the chancels for the recordings. I have no HD capable
equipment, and don't see myself affording any in the foreseeable
future, so which have people had more success with?