[mythtv-users] Playback time out of sync

Jon McLennan cabuki+mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 07:45:14 UTC 2010

I updated to 0.23 a couple months ago and since then, I've noticed that
recordings don't playback correctly. For example, I recorded Top Gear off
the BBC. The show runs 1 hour and during playback, the OSD says that the
recording is one hour long. However, when playing back it stops after 50
minutes. When trying to solve this issue, I discovered that the playback
timer is not in sync with the actual length of the video. If I skip forward
and backwards a couple times, I can usually get the video to sync with the
timer, but I'd like to figure out a more permanent solution.

It is entirely possible that my hardware is out of date. I built this
machine in 2004, but some of the components are older. I've changed hard
drives over the past 6 years, but the CPU, mobo and video card are original.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus IS7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz
Video Card: nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 (NV17)
RAM: 512 MB
Capture cards: Hauppage PVR 250 and Hauppage PVR 150

I have no problem upgrading the hardware, but I'd like to make sure this
isn't something else first.

Jon