[mythtv-users] Error undefined reference to symbol 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5' when compiling trunk

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Jul 19 17:49:12 UTC 2010

If this is not the place to ask this question please point me else where.

I have been successfully compiling trunk for months using fedora 12 and
13 machines.  Recently when I try to compile the plugins portion i
receive the following error.

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib64/libmythdvdnav-0.23.a(dvd_input.o):
undefined reference to symbol 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
/lib64/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

This is on my Fedora 13 machine and I have read some things about red
hat making some changes to DS0 but I was not sure what that meant to me.

If someone could assist I would appreciate it.
Thanks again for all of the wonderful help I get from this list.