[mythtv-users] mythtv builds on mac os x

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Jul 19 20:29:04 UTC 2010

On 7/19/10 3:43 PM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> Do I have to use the osx-packager.pl script? I see there are steps for
> building manually but I don't see frontend only steps.

I'd recommend it, yes. That script does a lot of Mac-specific code and
compile changes. It also uses libraries that are guaranteed to be of the
correct version, instead of relying upon what happens to be installed by
Apple.
> Using the script I'm getting an error saying :
>
> [snipped a bunch of these warnings]
> ld warning: text reloc in _ff_simple_idct_add_mmx to _wm1010
> ld warning: text reloc in _ff_simple_idct_add_mmx to _d40000

Looks like you're getting loader errors, due to missing libraries. This
will probably go away if you use the packager script.

Of course, I say that, despite the fact that I have not been able to
compile for my particular OS (10.5.8) for some time now. I get assembler
errors in ffmpeg. I've been using pre-packaged binaries from this site
instead:

   http://myth.psychosis.net/0.23/frontend/