[mythtv-users] Disj Network or Direct TV?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jul 19 22:01:54 UTC 2010

On Monday, July 19, 2010 03:54:14 pm Jeff Artz wrote:

>   One advantage that Dish receivers have is that they can be set to 16
> different IR code sets, so that you can easily use ONE instance of LIRC to
> control several set-top-boxes.

I had always assumed that DirectTV had a similar way to handle multiple receivers, but I've never used more than one DTV
receiver at a time.

So are you saying that you would need two blasters and two instances of lirc to control two DirectTV receivers?

That would make the decision for me, but I already have DISH now. I just use two different versions of the perl script that
runs my MyBlaster, no lirc required.