[mythtv-users] Disj Network or Direct TV?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jul 19 22:25:50 UTC 2010

On Monday, July 19, 2010 04:14:35 pm Greg wrote:

> Brian,
>      I check e-bay at least once a week looking for another MyBlaster
> just in case mine burns out. I still can't figure why they went belly
> up.... _______________________________________________

It was a small operation that produced great products. I also don't know why they failed, or perhaps "failed" is a poor
word here, small operations can get shut down simply because a principal decides to do something else, it doesn't
necessarily mean the operation was a financial failure.

There are a lot of things involved in operating a business like MyTV was, many of them have nothing to do with the quality
of the products being offered. Government paperwork, tax issues, paying Social Security and taxes for any employees
involved, problems with suppliers, the list is endless. Perhaps he got sued because his water fountain didn't meet ADA
requirements (don't laugh, it happened to someone I know).

But I often check e-bay as well, I'd certainly pick up 2 or 3 extras in a heartbeat, even at twice or thrice what I
originally paid.

I wonder if someone could just start building them in a basement, I'm sure many could be sold quickly.