[mythtv-users] Please Wait... but audio plays

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 22:26:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know under what conditions the "Please Wait..." screen will
show?

> I just started having this problem where the screen shows up and
> doesn't go away but the audio of the recording does start playing in
> the background. If I pause the video and press play again the video
> shows up.
>
> I'm on 0.23 and using VDPAU for playback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

David,

I have this exact same problem (albeit on 0.22) with some .mp4 files
that I have imported into my recordings folder.  It seems to be linked
with disabling the Composite Extension in xorg.conf for me.  When I
comment out the 'Option "Composite" "Disable"' line the problem ceases
to exist.  Have you recently disabled composite?
Like me though, you would probably prefer to leave Composite disabled
for the improvement in playback quality.  Hopefully if this is related
someone in the know might be able to help out.

Cheers
Wayne

It sometimes happens to me when in watch recordings or livetv on trunk.
The theme I use has some colors that match the overlay background so I can
see that he video is playing but the GUI hasn't cleared itself.
A change of channel or FFW/REW always fixes it for me.

MarcT