[mythtv-users] Best firmware to use with HD-PVR?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Tue Jul 20 08:11:00 UTC 2010

Is there an HD-PVR firmware release out there that *doesn't* have major
issues?

So far I've tried 0xf, whatever version that works out to.  That was
rock stable for about two months then I started getting lockups and some
weird skips in recorded shows.  I've also tried the latest, 1.5.7.0.
That seems much worse... no lockups or skips from what I can tell, but I
randomly get no audio on some channels in both live TV and recordings
(Optical).  Kind of annoying when you go to watch something and none of
it has any audio.

What is everyone using?  Any issues?  I'm thinking of trying 1.5.6.1 or
1.5.6.0.

Also, this is Fedora 12, latest kernel with built in HD-PVR drivers.