[mythtv-users] Best firmware to use with HD-PVR?

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:21:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Matt Goebel <matt at goebelnet.com> wrote:
> Is there an HD-PVR firmware release out there that *doesn't* have major
> issues?
>
> So far I've tried 0xf, whatever version that works out to.  That was rock
> stable for about two months then I started getting lockups and some weird
> skips in recorded shows.  I've also tried the latest, 1.5.7.0.  That seems
> much worse... no lockups or skips from what I can tell, but I randomly get
> no audio on some channels in both live TV and recordings (Optical).  Kind of
> annoying when you go to watch something and none of it has any audio.
>
> What is everyone using?  Any issues?  I'm thinking of trying 1.5.6.1 or
> 1.5.6.0.
>
> Also, this is Fedora 12, latest kernel with built in HD-PVR drivers.

I'm using not the latest, but the one before that (not sure of the
version number). I've been plagued with the dreaded dropout bug when
using SPDIF for audio so rather than screw around with it, I've just
started using RCA stereo. No, it's not ideal, but at least this way,
it's stable.

BTW, I think it may be time to open up the hdpvr dropout discussion
again because last I remember, it was blamed on faulty AC3 signal from
the cable box but since then, I've gotten a brand new cable box and it
still happens, although 'cat /dev/video1 > test.ts' works perfectly
every time with no drouputs.