[mythtv-users] Frontend Remote Recommendations

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:42:39 UTC 2010

Tell us more about what you've tried and what the problem(s) is(are)
with what you have.  Many Ubuntu/MythBuntu systems have working MCE
remote/receiver combinations (including mine).

Are you talking about needing to program the Harmony remote with codes
for the various keys?  If that's the issue, the quick and dirty way to
get 'er done is to drag out a Windoze system and use the software that
(hopefully) came with the MCE package.

If the difficulty is with getting the system (FE, I presume) to "see"
keypresses, last I checked there was a MCE config for LIRC and an MCE2
config.  Use the MCE2 config.

Sorry I can't provide more details, just taking a break and not at
home to look for details.  You could try the MythTV wiki and Install
instructions, too.

Hope this gets you further down the road and not sidetracked up the
elephant steps to carleton commons.  Yeh, I went to CWRU back in the
day.

Craig.