[mythtv-users] How to best deal with Comcast's "Improved" Lineup?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jul 20 17:50:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Scott <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> The DTA and the basic STB only have analog cable output. (although there
>> may be more variants, sounds like there are)
>> I managed to snag an HD STB 6200 which had the firewire.
>>

> Must be nice.  The clerk at the local office snarled "NONE of our
> boxes have firewire.  Never have.  Never will."

For SD or HD?  For HD video STB's, they're required by FCC regulations
to offer a box with firewire if you ask for it.  There's no such
requirement for SD boxes and I don't ever recall seeing an SD STB with
firewire.

There's a link to the FCC regulations on the mythtv wiki's firewire
page.  If you're looking for firewire, I'd print it out, take it to
your local office and snarl back your clerk.  Chances are he's got a
stack of them in a back room somewhere and doesn't even know what they
are.

Eric