[mythtv-users] MythMusic FF/Rew Skip Length

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Jul 20 19:15:20 UTC 2010

On 20/07/10 17:37, Brad Dillon wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Been playing around with MythMusic lately, and have added all my
> downloaded podcasts to it.  I have noticed that the FF/Rew buttons
> only skip 5 seconds.  This is perfect for music, but a little
> troublesome for a 1 hour podcast.  Is there a way to set the skip
> length?  Or a way to jump to a specific part of the .mp3/podcast file?

> Thanks,
>
> - brad

No way to do it at the moment unless you patch the code.

There is a patch in trac that adds two extra keybindings to jump 60
seconds (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8066) which is great if you
use a keyboard or have a huge remote with 100 buttons on it :)

I'm thinking a better option would be to have a popup dialog with a
progress bar something like the edit bar in the video player that allows
you to change the jump amount and jump around the file at will possibly
combining it with a way to set multiple bookmarks and being able to jump
to those bookmarks.

Paul H.