[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:12:32 UTC 2010

Up until now, I haven't seen a lot of encouraging information about the
possibility of the new cablecard HD Homerun working with Linux and/or
MythTV, but I saw this post on the Silicondust forum for the HDHomeRun Prime
today. It's still not a lot of info to go on, and certainly gives no
guarantees, but it seems a lot more promising than anything else I've read
up to this point, so I thought I'd forward it to the list. If this is
already old news, I apologize.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8973

nickk's comment:

Hi,

The video stream for copy-freely content is RTP - same the the HDHomeRun.

There is a ECR under review that would enable us to stream copy-freely
content without requiring DRM registration. This will enable streaming to
third-party applications.

Internally we use MythTV as part of our QA testing.

Nick