[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Jul 20 22:02:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 7/20/2010 17:12, Shawn Asmussen wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
> ...Understand that the best we would be able to do in MythTV, those copy
> freely channels you mention, are the same thing you would be able to get
> over firewire on a cable box.  You're trading two expensive monthly STB
> rentals, for an expensive tuner and a cheap ms-card rental.

And if the previous two years are any indication, about the most reliable,
flexible, easy to configure, and well supported piece of mythtv hardware I
have ever used.  The only gadget in my house with better uptime is my mythtv
server itself.

I realize that a STB with firewire is pretty damn dependable, but if these
things work as good as their previous products, I'll probably buy one; if
for no other reason than to thank them for continuing to focus on being well
supported by mythtv and linux.