[mythtv-users] How to best deal with Comcast's "Improved" Lineup?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 15:21:08 UTC 2010

> It might work, but I'd expect problems. You'd have to try it out I guess.
>
> A couple of high-quality bandpass filters would probably help, but would cost more than your entire Myth setup.

A possible workaround is to put two of the STBs (one per PVR-500) on
demodulators. You've probably seen modulators (composite -> RF) in big
box stores for old TVs without composite-in, but you can also get
demodulators (RF -> composite). They aren't as cheap as modulators,
but a quick Google turned up several options.

By the way, given the glut of used NTSC tuners due to the digital
changeover, it may well be cheaper/better to just purchase two
additional tuners (assuming you have the PCI slots or USB ports to put
them in).