[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:01:08 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Greg Woods
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:24 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

I have not noticed this previously, but I have the same thing with that
particular show. Recorded at 7pm MST last night, now wants to record the
same episode ("Beyond Our Control") at 1pm MST today. I ran a
"mythfilldatabase --refresh-today" but the issue is still there.

Another thing I have noticed, that may or may not be related, is that
the episode descriptions in mythweb are often for the wrong episode
(even though the recording schedule is normally correct). Most often
seen is that the description is for the immediately previous episode of
the same show even though the title is for the correct actually-airing
episode.

In mythweb I see the correct title and incorrect descriptions. In
mythfrontend, I see only the show name in the upcoming recordings list,
but the description is correct. An example of that is "South Park:
Stanley's Cup" which is a duplicate airing on Comedy HD at 8pm tonight.
Mythweb shows this title, but shows the description for the previous
episode "Grey Dawn" when I hover on it. Mythfrontend shows only "South
Park" (no episode title), but does have the description for the correct
"Stanley's Cup" episode when that one is selected in the upcoming
recordings list.

--Greg

I just noticed another duplicate of the same show in upcoming recordings.

On Tuesday, July 27th, is Warehouse 13: Age Before Beauty, I see a
description, an episode number and a program id, On Monday, August 2nd, I am
told I will be recording it again but not properly identified as a
duplicate. On the 2nd there is a different description, actually no
description, no episode number, and the program id is 2 numbers off from the
first recording.

MarcT