[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:10:19 UTC 2010

>  Answer to 1, could be but here in the US they generally don't do
>  that, or if they do there is a part 1 and part 2 in the name.

Well, here in my US, they do (and without part numbers in the name).
;)  (Granted, I see it a lot on network TV, and I don't have cable, so
it may be different for SyFy/cable.)

Regardless, the subtitle (and description) is irrelevant to duplicate
matching when both episodes have a programid.  The programid is /the/
definitive identifier of unique episodes.  Therefore, MythTV is doing
what it should with the data it's given.

>  And if it were part 2 it would be airing the next week not a day
>  later in the middle of the day, or the day before the regular
>  schedule.
>
>  I generally do not do refresh all because my daily update redownloads
>  the current day, to check for changes, as well as the 14th day, to
>  fill in the missing day.

Right.  I wasn't saying to do this normally.  I was saying that if you
want to do it once, now, you could find out if it's just old data that's
been updated since it was downloaded.

Until we know whether that's current SD data or old, since-updated data,
we can't say that there's a problem anywhere.  (MythTV is doing what it
should with the data it's given, and if TMS has updated the data, then
everything will be right when MythTV gets updated data.)

Mike

Mike,

I wasn't in any way blaming Myth for the issue. My intention was to find out
if any other users have seen issues like this with data from SD. I wanted to
see if this was an isolated issue or not and it seems to be a fairly common
occurrence.

I'll probably be submitting an email to SD about the issues later.

MarcT