[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 21:47:56 UTC 2010

On 7/21/2010 1:05 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> As far as I can see, TMS is occasionally forgetting that they have a
> particular episode in their database and are gensyming a new description
> and ID for it.

When I spoke to TMS about this, new Episodes-IDs are also generated for
significant program edits.  For example, "The Apprentice" would show one
show on NBC and then an "extended version" on CNBC.  Both would get
different Episode-IDs.  Sometimes the edits are not apparent to us, but
Tribune knows all. :)

I've submitted issues like this in the past and would be happy to do so
again.  The only thing I request is you provide raw data evidence to
rule out MythTV problems. (XMLTV format is fine, it doesn't store stuff
so it can't make things up).  That's tough  with Myth because it doesn't
have a way to store the downloads.  Some people scheduled an XMLTV run
at the same time as the Myth load just for evidence purposes. (you can
also load Myth with XMLTV of course)

One benefit of the new software load last week is we should now get
mid-day updates, just like Zap2IT.com.  Hopefully the data will be
fresher now.

Robert Eden
Schedules Direct