[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 23:53:17 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Robert Eden
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:15 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

On 7/21/2010 5:18 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:

>     > When I spoke to TMS about this, new Episodes-IDs are also generated
for

>     > significant program edits.  For example, "The Apprentice" would show
one

>     > show on NBC and then an "extended version" on CNBC.  Both would get

>     > different Episode-IDs.  Sometimes the edits are not apparent to us,
but

>     > Tribune knows all. :)

> Well, the cases I've seen, I've typically compared the CC data 1:1.

Let me rephrase... TMS *IS LEAD TO BELIEVE* that the show *COULD* have

different content.  I don't know if that's what's really going on, just

a guess.  If you can provide a specific example, I'll ask them.  It will

be interesting to hear.

Robert

Robert how about the show that initiated this whole conversation?

Title

Subtitle

Program ID

Original Airdate