[mythtv-users] hd-pvr problem recording audio after firmware update

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jul 22 00:07:33 UTC 2010

John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> y best guess based on this info, is that the HD-PVR is trying to
> record the audio from the RCA jacks instead of the S/PDIF.  I wonder
> if the new firmware requires some sort of protocol change in setting
> up the capture inputs.

John, as a HD-PVR user I've not seen a single S/PDIF-recording failure
in almost two weeks and many dozens of recordings using the 1.5.7.0
firmware (just as I didn't before then), except, occasionally, when
using Live TV. However, I have always used your #6719 and #6611
patches with said firmware. The new firmware may be more
timing-sensitive when tuning, or JWA may simply have been unlucky in
this regard post-firmware upgrade.

JWA, assuming you are not in a position to compile said patches into
your Ubuntu packages, try inserting a brief pause at the end of your
channel-changing script with 'sleep 1' or 'sleep 1.5'.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg