[mythtv-users] idle shutdown/suspend on front-end

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jul 22 11:00:50 UTC 2010

The backend has some really nice settings options for executing commands
when it has detected it's idle.  Typically one uses this to either shut
down or (as I do) suspend one's backend when it's idle.

Is there anything similar for the frontend?  I have not found anything
in the configurations UIs.

I had thought perhaps xscreensaver (which I run to detect idleness and
prevent plasma burn-in) might also be able to do this, but I can't find
a configuration knob to adjust what it does after x minutes of idleness.

Anyone have any other slick solutions to executing (a) command(s) on a
FE-only machine when mythfrontend detects idleness?

Cheers,
b.