[mythtv-users] FE not releasing network resources

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Jul 22 16:40:57 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm using 0.23 25356 in appliance scenario, where FE is on disk-less
appliance.
I'm using suspend-to-ram.
As workaround for
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7847
my suspend/resume script is exiting myth before S3 suspend and launching
it after S3 resume.
This approach solves issue reported in 7847, but from sometime I started
to have nasty hard hangs.
Details are in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8467
Many weeks of investigations led me to conclusion that hangs are result
of exiting/restarting mythfrontend process during sleep-resume cycle.
Keeping mythfrontend running during sleep-resume gives no hangs (100+
cycles tested).
So it looks like mythfrontend, at exit, is sometimes not releasing
network related resources.
I say sometimes as hang probability isn't proportional to exit-restart
cycles number, but rather random.

Should I report this as bug ?

Is there any additional info which should be provided in bug report ?