[mythtv-users] Hardware setup

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Thu Jul 22 19:20:35 UTC 2010

On 07/22/2010 10:49 AM, rrdavis at gmail.com wrote:
> I was looking at that following setup a few months ago. The MB is no
> longer available from most vendors. Is there anything better for
> replacement? Hardware changes so fast.

I've heard nVidia is getting out of the motherboard chipset business, so
there probably won't be many new motherboards with onboard nVidia graphics.

Newegg shows a few MB's made by Zotac, ASRock, and Jetway that have
VDPAU-capable onboard video.  There are varieties in Intel and AMD
flavors, and in Micro ATX and Mini ITX form factors.  Nothing from Asus
or Gigabyte.

The Zotac GF9300-A-E motherboard is probably the most direct replacement
for the Gigabyte board.  Intel CPU, Micro ATX form factor, GeForce 9300
video.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500019

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin