[mythtv-users] Hardware setup

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 22 20:07:37 UTC 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 01:20:35 pm Kevin Ross wrote:
> On 07/22/2010 10:49 AM, rrdavis at gmail.com wrote:
> > I was looking at that following setup a few months ago. The MB is no
> > longer available from most vendors. Is there anything better for
> > replacement? Hardware changes so fast.
>
> I've heard nVidia is getting out of the motherboard chipset business, so
> there probably won't be many new motherboards with onboard nVidia graphics.

Since AMD bought out ATI, boards with AMD chipsets certainly aren't likely to have them for long, and as we all know, ATI
video chips are not very Myth-friendly (no VDPAU).

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with nVidia getting out of the chipset business. I know most of the gamers who are
nVidia's main customers generally use discreet video cards and not on-board video.