[mythtv-users] Hardware setup

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Jul 22 21:24:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:37:32PM -0600, Tyler T wrote:
> > Case: Antec NSK2480
>
> Looks like a nice case. Well cooled with those dual (!) 120mm fans I'd
> say, yet they should be fairly quiet on the lowest of the 3 speeds.
> Heck, I'm tempted to get that case for my desktop PC!
>
> > CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300
>
> Why so much power? With an HDHomeRun, very little CPU is required to

   "web stuff"

   That probably translates to Flash which will eat an Atom alive.

[deletia]

   I thought the disk was a bit small for OTA recordings. OTA recordings
can get quite large and some broadcasters are "wasteful". They end up
sending more than they need to and you end up with these monster large
files for stuff like old SD reruns.