[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:32:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Speaking of data quality, if you guys haven't noticed, there have been
> significant improvements to "The Daily Show" listings over the past year.
> It is much, much better and that's due to hard work, automated tools,  and
> cooperation between TMS and SD. (if you don't mind me tooting my own horn,
> and if you do.. @$%@!$#  :) )

Does that mean I can specify to not record generic episodes of The Daily
Show and The Colbert Report?  I have it set to do that because in the past,
many new episodes were listed as generics.  I guess I didn't really notice
at the time, but now thinking about it, the listing data does seem to be
MUCH better for these shows.  I would like to turn off generic episodes
because, for example, this week while both are on break, myth has been
recording several episodes of each show each day due to the generic
descriptions for these repeats.