[mythtv-users] 2010 Mac Mini?

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 01:19:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 02:29:31PM -0500, Nick F wrote:
>> >
>> > All the atom freq scaling and power savings functionality is reserved
>> > for the netbook-targeted atom. The desktop ones don't do much of
>> > anything in the way of power savings, don't do any freq scaling, etc.
>> > Because, you know, who wants power savings when you're plugged into
>> > the wall all the time? (Intel missed the boat on this one, imo, but
>> > maybe they'll wise up eventually).
>>

>> Talking about Hulu.  Is anyone successfully playing Hulu / BBC iPlayer
>> / flash video on an Atom/ION?  I have a Zotac (330 dual core with ION)
>> and it struggles really badly.  Is there a trick to getting flash to
>
>     I have tried it on my Asrock 330 boxes and it's pretty unusable.

Yeah - I guess this is the main reason for sticking with a Mac Mini,
rather than going the ION/ION2 route.  I have an older mac-mini (CD
upgraded to a C2D with intel graphics).  It plays back flash just
great, but can't deal with h.264 material and hi-def mpeg2 (running
OSX).  And my ION plays back h.264 great, but chokes on flash.