[mythtv-users] MythMusic interface

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:19:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

>> I use Squeezebox Server + SqueezeSlave. That'll give you a nice easy
>> web based interface. Add SqueezePlay if you want a local GUI.
>>
>> Also gives you some nice features, like the ability to synchronise
>> playback on two machines, and integration with the rest of the
>> Squeezebox ecosystem - particularly handy is the iPhone app "iPeng",
>> which provides a very nice pocket interface for controlling
>> squeezeboxes (real and virtual alike). I also like the ability to
>> access my music over the internet by using the web interface and its
>> built-in MP3 stream.
>>

> How does that fit in with a TV and a remote control? You know the MythTV
> thingy that this list is all about?
>
> --
> Robin Gilks

Robin:

I'd suggest Mythsqueezebox + squeezeboxserver, but it's a little rough
right now.  You can see what it looks like in this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlsocPI041M

Code is available at Sourceforge through SVN: svn co
https://mythsqueezebox.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mythsqueezebox
mythsqueezebox (the code that is "downloaded" through the main page is
old and does not work with MythTV >= 0.22).

As I said, it is a bit rough and will take a little work to get going.
 I'll probably get back to banging on the code in the next few weeks,
so you may want to wait.

George