[mythtv-users] Where does Myth Backend Setup get its channel list?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 03:37:37 UTC 2010

On 07/21/2010 04:01 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:

> I could really use an answer to this question. Comcast just added 12 subchannels to channel 99, and because of this bug I can
> not add them to my lineup.

I just spent several hours looking through the source code attempting to find where the listbox for the stop channel on the
channel scan was set up. I did not find it.

It is difficult to find anything when one can't search on the strings used in the labels, listboxes, or help text since these
are all built up of substrings that are used everywhere. (searching for "QAM-256 Channel 2" will find nothing searching for
"QAM-256" or "Channel" will find way too much.)

I did find the channel frequency tables. Well, actually two of them. One was just an array of names and frequencies, another
appeared to be algorithmically generated. So those tables are hard coded in the source and not in an external file.
I'm pretty sure the bug lies in the GUI code if I could ever find that code to look at it.

It does not help that I am not familiar with C++, only C.