[mythtv-users] Does MythTV use mplayer?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 15:36:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM, MARK ADAMS <madams9 at msn.com> wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:26:34 -0700
>> From: robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Does MythTV use mplayer?
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:24 AM, MARK ADAMS <madams9 at msn.com> wrote:
>> > Does MythTV use mplayer as its media player?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> > How does one troubleshoot this? What might be responsible for such a
>> > thing?
>>
>> Incorrect audio settings (Internal Player and MythMusic have
>> independent audio settings).
>>

> Thanks for the prompt response.  I appreciate the information.
>
> Okay, I've been through those settings exhaustively.  Is there anyway I can
> tell what they should be?  Why did the Alsa defaults work for the last few
> months and then just quit?
>
> Why won't MythTV work when everything else will?
>
> Mark

I missed the bit where it stopped working in the middle of a
recording, and can only conjecture that you toggled passthrough to on,
or off, or otherwise hit a button that modified the settings or mixer
volume level.  Most of the settings for in-playback audio are
reachable in the menu by pressing "M" during playback, but you can
check the manual for the others like mute/etc.

Robert