[mythtv-users] Where does Myth Backend Setup get its channel list?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 17:24:06 UTC 2010

On 07/23/2010 03:18 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:
> On 23 July 2010 07:47, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Now, if I can figure out what is borked with the mythbackendsetup channel scan and get that fixed, I can do a scan from channel
>> 95 to channel 95, and a scan from channel 99 to channel 99 and have just the channels that need it added to my channel list, and
>> then I only have to edit 26 channels (one sub channel for channel 95, 12 sub channels for 99, and do this for both tuner types).
>>
>> Besides, I thought attempting to fix a bug was a good idea.
>
> No offence, but you don't half sound narky.

Perhaps a side effect of being extremely frustrated by this.

> Anywho, I downloaded .23-fixes and did a quick grep of the source, all
> I could see was frequencytables.cpp
>
> Looks like it's still in trunk
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/frequencytables.cpp
> and it also mentions cablehigh
>
> Steve

The menu selection was "Cable High", so that is what I searched on and found nothing.

frequencytables.cpp is the file I mentioned above that I found that algorithmically generated the frequency table, the other was
frequencies.c

Unfortunately, neither of these have anything to do with setting up the broken list box in the GUI

This may all be moot since the latest update to mythTV seems to have borked my system. it is now trying to set up my database
from scratch, the forward button does nothing, and I can't kill the process. I need to reboot now...