[mythtv-users] Migrating from iso without storage groups to mkv with storage groups

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:43:29 UTC 2010

>    The easiest way to have MythVideo recognize what your video file
> represents (movie or TV episode) is to have your files and subdirectories
> named according to this link:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
>
> Rename your files, go into MythVideo and scan your collection (hit "m" then
> "Scan for Changes"). movie the MythVideo focus to a video file then hit the
> "w" key which will retrieve meta data and images.
>
> The File Parsing link will also give you an idea of what subdirectory
> naming conventions are supported for organizing you collection of mkv files.
>
> Doug
>
> Doug,

Thanks for the input/suggestions.  I have been renaming the files based on
the wiki and have come to the conclusion that the best/easiest thing to do
is to delete the "extras" and just keep the main feature.  They just take up
way too much room and make it difficult to find the movie.  With a few
(maybe one) exceptions I never watch the extras/trailers, so I shouldn't
miss them.

-- Ken E.