[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 22:39:11 UTC 2010

I don't know if I'm adding much to this conversation, especially since I
cannot provide many details, but I also see Myth record 2 (and once 3)
episodes of the same show at the same time on different channels.

The most recent example I can think of is Jimmy Kimmel Live. The show airs
on three different channels here at the same time. Usually, I only get one
of them, but at least every 2 or 3 weeks, it will record the show on two
different channels at the same time (my Myth BE has three tuners). Once it
recorded it three times.

It doesn't bother me, I just delete the dupes and assume its an issue with
the schedule data. The one time I paid closer attention, I think one of the
recordings had "proper" data (i.e. subtitle/description show actual details
about this specific episode), the other one had the generic show
description.

I am pleased people are working on improving this, but I also didn't really
feel it was something worth complaining about... I'd rather it record
something it shouldn't have than not record something it should have...

Robin