[mythtv-users] hd-pvr problem recording audio after firmware update

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 02:19:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM, JWA <jwa at macbidouille.com> wrote:

> So I've been testing to see if the problem happens with the RCA
> inputs, and I can say that it's recorded the audio every single time
> for a couple days, so it does seem to be limited to the SPDIF input.
>
> One thing I noticed with the RCA input is that it always records as
> AAC, regardless of what I select in the recording profile.  It seems
> like that option is pointless.  Unless it's just because the recording
> profiles are being ignored (like how I mentioned earlier that I
> created a profile to test and it doesn't even show up as an option).

JWA,

I think we are in EXACTLY the same situation now that I apparently fixed the
instability issue with the HD-PVR.  I suspected my most serious instability
problem was related to the IR channel changer.  I just got my firewire card
in the mail today.  Hooked that up.  Compiled the 6200 script.  Now, I am
changing channels without instability.  Recordings no longer fail, which was
previously causing issues only cleared by a reboot.  Audio seems to be
working fine when I use the RCA cables.  If I switch back to S/PDIF, some
recordings have audio, and some don't.  Sounds like your exact problem.

I still wonder if this is all related to the DCX3200 STB?  I am tempted to
swap mine for something else just to see.