[mythtv-users] mplayer great, mythtv bad

Michael R. Hines michael at hinespot.net
Sat Jul 24 05:27:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

So, I successfully did the following:

bash$ scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-NTSC-center-frequencies-8VSB | tee
.mplayer/channels.conf
bash$ mplayer dvb://NJN-1    # this is my local PBS station

The output of mplayer is fantastic. Nice signal. Smooth audio/video
playback.

But when I play it back in mythtv, it's choppy with lots of beeping
noises in the audio. The output on my external TV tuner is also very
good, but for some reason, myth just isn't playing it back as "nicely"
as mplayer.

Any reason for this? How could I track this problem down?

Thanks!

- Michael R. Hines