[mythtv-users] How to debug bad recording on hvr-4000

Ole Nissen mail at olenissen.com
Sat Jul 24 06:24:17 UTC 2010

Hi All.

I have a setup with an HVR-4000 as my dvb-s tuner. I have tried a couple of
times, that when I set it to record, nothing gets recorded. I can see that
myth thinks it recording, but when I try to open the recording it says that
the file cant be found. This happens perhaps 1 in 10 recordings, so not that
frequent.

I have also noticed that when I watch live tv and do some channel switcing
sometimes a channel wont get a lock. I will have to select the channel
again, and then it works. If myth expirience the same when it is about to
record, I guess it will just record blank screen. How do I solve this, or
have anyone any hints to how to proper setup an HVR-4000 tuner?

Regards
Ole