[mythtv-users] hd-pvr problem recording audio after firmware update

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 19:43:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 3:04 AM, JWA <jwa at macbidouille.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 19:19, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM, JWA <jwa at macbidouille.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So I've been testing to see if the problem happens with the RCA
>>> inputs, and I can say that it's recorded the audio every single time
>>> for a couple days, so it does seem to be limited to the SPDIF input.
>>>
>>> One thing I noticed with the RCA input is that it always records as
>>> AAC, regardless of what I select in the recording profile.  It seems
>>> like that option is pointless.  Unless it's just because the recording
>>> profiles are being ignored (like how I mentioned earlier that I
>>> created a profile to test and it doesn't even show up as an option).
>>
>> JWA,
>> I think we are in EXACTLY the same situation now that I apparently fixed the
>> instability issue with the HD-PVR.  I suspected my most serious instability
>> problem was related to the IR channel changer.  I just got my firewire card
>> in the mail today.  Hooked that up.  Compiled the 6200 script.  Now, I am
>> changing channels without instability.  Recordings no longer fail, which was
>> previously causing issues only cleared by a reboot.  Audio seems to be
>> working fine when I use the RCA cables.  If I switch back to S/PDIF, some
>> recordings have audio, and some don't.  Sounds like your exact problem.
>> I still wonder if this is all related to the DCX3200 STB?  I am tempted to
>> swap mine for something else just to see.
>
> I would love to know if changing to a different STB fixes things.
> Unfortunately I only have the one box.  But if someone has a different
> model and could test it, that would be great.

I have the Pace RNG110 and seem to also be having this same problem.
I'll futz with the channel change delay a little. I haven't ever left
it set to SPDIF so I don't know if the recordings work, just not
liveTV, but I can say for sure that sometimes, some channels won't
show up as AC3 with SPDIF. I have entered the modprobe option setting
the default audio input to SPDIF, as suggested by the wiki, but that
didn't help either.
--Justin Johnson