[mythtv-users] Fedora 13 Intel 945 Dell Laptop TV-Out

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 22:33:16 UTC 2010

This is only marginally MythTV related, but I thought maybe somebody on here
might have had the same experience I've been having.

I've been attempting to get the TV-Out on my Dell Inspiron e1505 working.  I
have the Intel 945 graphics adapter.  I'm running Fedora 13 with KDE.

 On bootup, the fedora logo shows perfectly on the TV-OUT, however as soon
as the login screen shows, the TV loses sync.

Once I'm logged in, I can get the background wallpaper to show by typing:

xrandr --output TV1 --mode 800x600
xrandr --output TV1 --rightof LVDS1

However, anytime I move anything on the main desktop, the tv-out flickers,
and if I move a window onto the TV, the window is invisible (it still
responds to mouse clicks, and the mouse pointer is visible, but the window
is not drawn on the screen).

also, krandr doesn't show the TV as connected.

Xorg has gone through quite a few changes since I last messed around with
modelines, so i'm not really sure what I need to do.  Ideally, I'd like it
to work like it does in Windows, where it detects when I connect a TV to the
s-video output, and automagically configures everything... but if I have to
run a script to configure things, that would be fine too...

Any ideas?