[mythtv-users] Alternative to Mac Mini?

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Jul 25 15:15:22 UTC 2010

In another thread it was suggested that the Mac Mini was overpriced as a
Myth frontend/backend. I want something with a similar footprint.

The atom/ion2 boxes won't do. As a backend I need firewire to get input
from a cablebox and the boxes I've seen don't have it. I also want
enough cpu to do efficient commercial marking, and the atom's are too slow.

Is there really a box with similar size to a Mac Mini that is at least a
core2/nivida and cheaper (or more powerful).