[mythtv-users] [RFC] HD PVR kernel driver and mythtv patches

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jul 26 02:14:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Alan Young <ayoung at teleport.com> wrote:
> I've been working with the HD PVR driver and mythtv for a couple of months
> now to try to figure out why it does not work well.  I've built a set of
> patches for the hdpvr kernel driver and mythtv that seem to address the many
> of the issues I've seen.  I will say up front that these changes make mythtv
> work much better for me.   I'm sending these changes out for comments (and
> if you are brave for your testing).  :-)  The changes are not a cure all.
>  And I know the mythtv patch needs better than what I've done to it.  I
> still have a couple of other issues that need to be worked out (documented
> below).
>
> The kernel patches:

Very cool stuff based on reading the description. :) The kernel
patches really need to go to linux-media at vger.kernel.org (aka lmml)
for review, though the main person who needs to see them initially is
also on this list (that being Janne Grunau, the hdpvr driver author).
I'll definitely give the patches themselves a look myself too, and if
you like, can help with the process of submitting them to lmml.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com