[mythtv-users] Perhaps a reinstall

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 07:18:00 UTC 2010

I've been looking at this mythtv installation under mandriva 2010.0 that
I can't get to generate audio from.  I've got two options right now as I
see it.

One.  I can dump my settings to a backup file and then
uninstall/reinstall mythtv 0.22 from the rpm repositories.  At that
point, I can either spend the several hours it would take to (possibly)
get mythtv working properly, or simply dump my mysql tables back into
/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg.

Two. I can spend the time doing a fresh install of mandriva 2010.1 which
will give me access to mythtv 0.23 from the repos.  Again, it would
probably take time to get mythtv working on top of the time it would
take to install and configure everything else, but I would probably
avoid whatever glitch is currently standing between me and audio right now.

Three. I can perform an online upgrade in place to bring mandriva 2010.0
up to 2010.1 along with all the available applications in the repos.
Problem with this otherwise attractive option is that if what I'm
experiencing is the result of some misconfiguration, it is unlikely that
upgrading everything will avoid that misconfiguration.  It's also a
little more risky and time consuming than upgrading from the disc.

Do any of you folks have any opinion on this?  Any input that I may have
not considered?

Thanks.

Mark