[mythtv-users] Perhaps a reinstall

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:06:31 UTC 2010

On 07/26/2010 03:16 AM, belcampo wrote:
> Mark Adams wrote:
>> I've been looking at this mythtv installation under mandriva 2010.0
>> that I can't get to generate audio from.  I've got two options right
>> now as I see it.
>>
>> One.  I can dump my settings to a backup file and then
>> uninstall/reinstall mythtv 0.22 from the rpm repositories.  At that
>> point, I can either spend the several hours it would take to
>> (possibly) get mythtv working properly, or simply dump my mysql
>> tables back into /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg.
>>
>> Two. I can spend the time doing a fresh install of mandriva 2010.1
>> which will give me access to mythtv 0.23 from the repos.  Again, it
>> would probably take time to get mythtv working on top of the time it
>> would take to install and configure everything else, but I would
>> probably avoid whatever glitch is currently standing between me and
>> audio right now.
>>
>> Three. I can perform an online upgrade in place to bring mandriva
>> 2010.0 up to 2010.1 along with all the available applications in the
>> repos. Problem with this otherwise attractive option is that if what
>> I'm experiencing is the result of some misconfiguration, it is
>> unlikely that upgrading everything will avoid that misconfiguration.
>> It's also a little more risky and time consuming than upgrading from
>> the disc.
>>
>> Do any of you folks have any opinion on this?  Any input that I may
>> have not considered?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mark
> I use Mandriva 2010.0 on Revo and Asus Pundit-P1, 1st Intel/Ion 2nd
> nVidia both work fine with myth. Although had to remove all pulse stuff.
> rpm -qa |grep pulse|xargs sudo rpm -e --nodeps
> will remove all pulse stuff.
> Check alsamixer if nothing is muted.
> Reinstalling is the m$ way to solve problems, investigate what the
> source is. Tell us what chipset your system has, do mplayer/vlc work ?
>
> Henk

Here's an interesting thing: I uninstalled pulseaudio and now I can't
access mythtv.  I get an error while loading shared libraries:
libpulse.so.0 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

It's not surprising that the llibrary is missing, but I was under the
impression that I had pulseaudio disabled under mandriva and ignored in
mythtv.

Puzzling. I suppose it's time to reinstall pulse and see if I can find
out why mythtv wants it.

Let me know if you have a clue about it.

Mark