[mythtv-users] Perhaps a reinstall

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 26 12:02:17 UTC 2010

Mark Adams wrote:
> Here's an interesting thing: I uninstalled pulseaudio and now I can't
> access mythtv.  I get an error while loading shared libraries:
> libpulse.so.0 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.
>
> It's not surprising that the library is missing, but I was under the
> impression that I had pulseaudio disabled under mandriva and ignored in
> mythtv.

Just because you disabled pulse within mythtv doesn't mean the software ceases
to have references to it. There will always need to be hooks to the pulse
software in case you ever wanted to re-enable it.

Possibly the only correct way to achieve what you require is to build from
source using the appropriate options (disclaimer: I don't know if that's
possible, it's been a while since I built from source).

I am running a stock Mandriva 2010.0 with, currently, 0.22-fixes, with pulse as
installed by the OS and have found no problems whatsoever. YMMV.

--

Mike Perkins