[mythtv-users] Reliability of USB capture cards

Sean mythtv at bigswifty.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 12:10:24 UTC 2010

Message: 15
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 19:35:47 +0100
From: Keith Edmunds <kae at midnighthax.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Reliability of USB capture cards
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:34:29 +0100, lists at purplish-monkey.com said:

 > > Do any of the tuners have "Use DVB card for active EIT scan" set in
 > > mythtv-setup?

Yes, they both do, although I've just turned it off. Should it be off on
both? If so, presumably I can no longer use EIT information?

Very much appreciate the post: it sounds as if you had exactly the same
problems I do.

Keith

I had an identical problem with my dual DVB-T USB tuner and disabling 'Active'
EIT scanning (on both tuners) solved it.

It seems that the passive EIT scanning is quite adequate though as i have never
since seemed to have less than 8 days of schedule data (UK Freeview) without
needing to implement the XMLTV grabber as an alternative solution and the tuners
have been rock-solid since disabling the 'active scan'.

Hope this helps,

	-Sean