[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.24 svn - Metadata download issues with jamu and the mass grabber

Rajesh Krishna Balan rajesh at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 26 14:41:57 UTC 2010

Hi Doug, Mike,

Thanks for the hints about config.xml and the python bindings. let me
see what's up there.

I suspect I have a python binding problem as  mythpython --version is
dying with the following error.

mythpython --version
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/mythpython", line 3, in <module>
     from MythTV import *
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'NetVisionRSSItems'

It's wierd. I removed all previous MythTV installation in
/lib/python{xxx] and /usr/local/lib/python{xxx}. I also was quite sure
that mythtv was installing the python bindings into /usr/local/lib as
the last step. after that failed to fix the errors, I sent off the
mailing list email.

I probably missed something quite fundamental though. will figure this
out tomorrow, fix it, and report back. might help the next person.

Thanks for the hints. The mythpython command, in particular, looks quite
useful.

Rajesh