[mythtv-users] 0.24 trunk 25231 Myth Backend Setup, channel scan broken

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 17:46:30 UTC 2010

On 07/02/2010 07:24 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> A bit more information:
> If I select "cable" the scanning range starts at "QAM-256 Channel2" but ends on a blank entry, it claims there are 166 channels
> to scan.
> If I attempt to change the end channel, the highest I can set it to is QAM-256 Channel 83, and the number of channels to scan is
> 82. This looks like the old OTA channel range.
>
> If I select "Cable High", the start channel is "QAM-256 Channel 78", the end channel "is QAM-256 Channel 159" and the number of
> channels to scan is 77. 159-78 = 81, so there would be 82 channels to scan if these numbers were contiguous. There are 4
> channels missing, 95-99. Thats right, I'm trying to scan channel 95, so I can't select Cable High as a work around.

I just noticed that there were two libmythtv packages installed on my system, one that said it was libmythtv 0.22, but its
version number was 0.23, and one that said it was version 0.23, but its version number was 0.24.
I uninstalled the one claiming to be 0.22, and now the fonts used in the gui are much bigger and fit better in the theme, but
the problem with channel scan remains.